Newcastle United director makes transfer statement amid Alexander Isak to Liverpool saga

0
Newcastle United director makes transfer statement amid Alexander Isak to Liverpool saga

Alexander Isak wants to move from Newcastle United to Liverpool this summer

Yasir Al-Rumayyan and Jamie Reuben were in attendance for the defeat to Liverpool.

Newcastle United director Jamie Reuben has made a transfer vow to the club's supporters, as Alexander Isak continues to be linked with a move to Liverpool. It emerged on Thursday evening that the Magpies are on the verge of ending their long search for a striker after agreeing a deal to sign Nick Woltemade.



Joao Pedro, Hugo Ekitike and Benjamin Sesko have all rebuffed the Magpies in the last couple of months, but Woltemade is now expected to move to the North East from Stuttgart. News of the deal comes at a time when Isak continues to be linked with a move to Anfield; the Reds have already had a £110m bid rejected for the forward.



And when asked he was about transfers following the Champions League draw, Reuben said: "They should rest assured we are working hard. We have worked hard all summer to make sure the team is in the best possible condition to compete at the highest level of football.



Liverpool handed major Marc Guehi transfer update after Oliver Glasner admission READ MORE:

"That is what we always want. We have worked hard and will continue working very hard up until the last second to make sure the team is in tip-top shape for the campaign ahead."

Isak is currently training alone, having indicated his desire to leave the club despite having three years left on his contract. The 25-year-old also issued a statement last week claiming promises made to him by the club have been 'broken' and 'the relationship can't continue'.

Speaking following their 3-2 defeat to Liverpool on Monday night, Bruno Guimaraes revealed Newcastle's players want the transfer saga to be resolved as quickly as possible.



"I haven't had any contact with him," he told ESPN Brasil. "We've been training in the mornings, and he trains at a different time, when no-one from the team is around.

"As captain, and for us players, it's a tough situation because we want to have the best players with us.

"That's something we can't control. The club, the management, the owners are dealing with it - and I hope it gets sorted out in the best way.



Follow transfer deadline day live with the ECHO Transfer deadline day is almost upon us and Liverpool still have business to do. It's already been a busy summer for the Premier League champions but they could still pull off a couple of blockbuster signings as the window comes to a close. Alexander Isak's future remains unresolved, with the striker refusing to play or train for Newcastle United. Liverpool remain interested in a deal for the Swede. Meanwhile, Marc Guehi has been a player of interest all summer and Liverpool could still launch a last-minute deal for the Crystal Palace defender. You can keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and receive updates directly to your phone by subscribing to our LFC newsletters or joining our WhatsApp community below: LFC NEWSLETTER

LFC WHATSAPP COMMUNITY You can also follow LivEchoLFC on X (formerly Twitter) or Facebook, or listen to our podcasts on Spotify or YouTube by searching for Blood Red.

"We're really missing our striker, a player who scored more than 20 goals in the Premier League last season, so, of course, he's someone we feel the absence of.

"We hope to have our best player back. But unfortunately, this is a situation that neither I nor any other player can control."



Eddie Howe's side are without a win in the league this season after their draw with Aston Villa on the opening day was followed by a last-gasp defeat to Liverpool earlier this week.

But Reuben believes his side have deserved more from their opening two Premier League games of the season.

"We have been really good. I think we deserve more points than we have so far," he told TNT Sports.

Article continues below

"In both games there were good signs of the strength and determination of the team - so I am looking forward to the rest of the campaign."

Click here to read article

Related Articles